Wednesday 23 January 2013

Lego Quilt Completed

Still deaf and easily tired but I'm looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. I  finished the  piecing and quilting of the 'lego' quilt  over the weekend and  after a couple of days to recover, had an epic session yesterday sewing the binding on. I'll take some better photos  for the record this weekend before I hand it over but I just caught the last of the light to take some snaps  so I can make a label with it as background . Apart from the child's name and date and my name I'm wondering whether I should call it anything? 
 
 

 
 
It has about 200 different fabrics made up into 20 blocks ( 39 x 48 inch final size) and is quilted with a large meander pattern with rainbow variagated threads. The backing is an African wax print
I'm really pleased how it turned out and it's been hugely enjoyable to make using the 'guided randomness' principle.

3 comments:

Olga Norris said...

What a lucky child! I hope that you feel better, and can hear again soon.

reensstitcher said...

It's wonderful! I have just looked back through all your postings about it. A really great idea for those of us with huge stashes.

Margaret Cooter said...

Looks fabulous - and what fun to use all those fabrics!