Monday 21 January 2013

Daily Art Catch Up - stitch and frottage

My Daily Art didn't remain daily for long with being poorly -  I went 8 days without doing anything.
But  feeling rather better now ,I've caught up. I've been sitting in front of the TV with a snarled tangle of threads, pulling strands out and stitching simple patterns. Liking the  results of rubbing (frottage) the stitching with a jumbo crayon, I've become addicted to trying different thicknesses of thread and stitches.  Because of course you  obtain an impression of the back as well as the front of the stitching

 Cross Stitch
 Chain Stitch

This is my favourite  pair of stitchings/rubbings so far and it's got me thinking about combining the 2, building multiple layers 
 

2 comments:

Jill said...

There's nothing like a bit of therapeutic stitching. Like the frottage and glad you're on the mend.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Really enjoyed seeing your experiments--love the stitching.
best from Tunisia,
nadia