Thursday 29 May 2008

May Journal Quilt - Greek Hayfield

Although acrylics have the reputation for being fast drying ( which they are compared to oils), the painted field I did a few days ago looked quite a lot lighter after it had dried overnight. Trimming it to size and binding it with a couched cord, improved it no end but I still wasn't that happy with the foreground until I sewed some long grasses in enormous stitches with fine thread doubled up ( fun to sew so BIG)

After a bit of a struggle with Yahoo, an image has now been posted on the May Journal Quilt album of the CQ Yahoo Group. With planning and design work underway for other quilts , I've not making quite so much progress on my May 'Take it Further' challenge.

5 comments:

West Country Buddha said...

What a difference those threads made. I really like this piece - my fave yet!!

Unknown said...

I love this - the textures are very interesting and it captures the atmosphere beautifully.

neki desu said...

Oh yes, those threads make the piece sing.

neki desu

Nellie's Needles said...

Wonderful! What size is this beautiful piece of art?

magsramsay said...

Thanks Nellie for reminding me to put sizes on my pieces ( I should know better -at work I use scale bars in photos) . It's 12 x 12 inches ( the size of Journal Quilts for Contemporary Quilt)